I sorted out the midi problem in Reaper! It was a really stupid mistake: Reaper needs you to toggle on the record monitor to actually hear the sound of the input… I forgot it’s off by default and it blocked any sound. Talking about getting used to new software! Having said that, Reaper was not recording midi, too, so who knows. Perhaps the new version (which I installed today) did the trick, but frankly: right now I’m just happy that it works. Now I just have to find the missing sheets of music and then I can really rock.
My throat, naturally, is a mess, like any time I’m starting to record. But it’s almost a welcomed feeling, something that tells me that I am really going to record now.
Today, I recorded two rhythm guitars for Black Coffee Special and messed about with the project sheets a bit. I also recorded a quick vocal track with an idea for the bass part. Good session.